- This event has passed.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training: Sacred Journey to Motherhood
February 6, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - February 8, 2015 @ 4:00 pm$300.00
February 6-8, 2015 $300 Level 1 Basic Prenatal Certification
Instructed by Cat Matlock, Founder and Director, West Asheville Yoga, Creator of the Sacred Journey to Motherhood prenatal system
Friday 3-7pm, Saturday 10-2 and 4-8pm, Sunday 9-4pm
The Sacred Journey to Motherhood™ is a prenatal yoga system evolved to help mamas develop strength, self awareness, and a calm mind to provide the most comfortable pregnancy possible. This system weaves the ancient arts of yoga with modern science and therapeutic practices. You will learn how to teach yogic pranayama breathing techniques, yoga postures for pregnancy, basic sanskrit mantras and meditations. You will also learn how to alleviate some common physical discomforts with modern muscle rolling techniques using therapy balls and foam rollers. We will explore the use of social media to help mamas connect and build community, a piece that is often missing in our modern lives. As a teacher of this holistic system, you will assist women to flourish in pregnancy and beyond.
What you will learn:
- Ways to help pregnant mamas connect
- Pranayama practices for pregnancy and childbirth
- Yoga postures and modifications for various stages of pregnancy
- Anatomy of Pregnancy: the breath, the spine, the pelvis, and the womb
- Meditations and mantras to support a healthy pregnancy
- Rolling techniques with therapy balls to release common aches and pains including sciatica, restless leg syndrome, back and groin pain.
Part 1: Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 Certification
- The Sacred Journey to Motherhood™ Method
- Social media and connecting mamas to each other
- Anatomy of pregnancy
- Asana for pregnancy: Part 1
- Pranayama for pregnancy: Part 1
- Meditations for pregnancy: Part 1
- Mantras: Part 1
- Introduction to Therapeutics for Pregnancy with therapeutic muscle rolling